Magic of Salt Water

 The picture below was taken as in a few words it summarises my feel good factors!


Growing up on an island, I have been surrounded and soothed by sea water. Ever since I could remember, the vastness of the sea was my comfort zone, the place I felt safe, the place I felt like home. Whether just by sitting on its shore and listening to waves, or diving deep, the crisp saltiness of the water has remedied so many aches and cleaned so many wounds. The sea, like a loving mother, always welcomed me with arms wide open, sharing the immensity  of her being with me.

As I dived deeper within myself, I discovered the wonders of other types of salt water. I grew up believing crying to be dramatic. There came moments, where faced with myself, I had no other options than to open up my heart, and let the salt water throw through me, spilling from my eyes. Just like the sea, it cleansed me, provided me with relief, and rocked me to calmness. Just like the sea, they came as waves, crashing over me, washing away what no longer served me, and soaked me in an inner calm.

Through the strong movements of my body, I got acquainted to yet another form of salt water. Moving like the waves made me feel alive, and allowed me to discover the depths of my physical abilities. And just like the sea, there are so many layers to it. Certain days call for slow, gentle movements, and on other days, when storms have been stirred within me, roughness in my maneuvers are needed, causing salt water to splash out all the tension within.

Whichever be the case, as long as salt water moves within me, the outcome is the same: ease, soothing, calm, just like the imagery of the blue sea on a bright sunny day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxic Positivity

Emotional Freedom

Inner Work